Get your Brand Out There
Keep a check on your time and all your things in check.
Grab these Table-top Utilities from Cosmosgalaxy.
How to make a crucial decision??
Just rotate the pin of this decision maker and let it answer your question. Personally, we think “Ask Mom” always works.
Get these Decision Makers at www.cosmosgalaxy.net. And guess what, they can be customized too.
Books have not gone out of style, even in today’s digital age of Kindles and eBooks. If you’re a bookworm and keep a steady inventory of books, this bookshelf (crafted from a ladder) will help accommodate your growing book collection. A few simple steps in creating a ladder bookshelf are below.
● Find a ladder in a size of your liking
You can use a ladder of any size, depending on how large you’d like the bookshelf. Find one with a vintage flair if you’re looking to reclaim wood. Or, if you’re using a metal ladder, add wooden stain to give the ladder a rustic look. If choosing an older ladder with unstable wood, consider adding a coat of wood glue to fill in the cracks.
● Add a Wooden Board
Cut a wooden board to fit the width of the ladder rungs. Make sure all nails are out of the board and it is sanded down to a softer surface. After the board is cut, make sure it fits between the widths of the ladder rungs.
● Design a Pattern
Grab some materials that you’re comfortable drawing and designing with. Design a pattern that fits the ladder or the style (i.e. vintage) you’ve chosen. Use a coat of wood glue or stain over the design to help lock its place. Make sure the wood is fully dry before proceeding.
● Start organizing your Shelves
You’re ready to organize your books. Make sure to evenly distribute your books or other items on the shelf. You want to ensure the shelf maintains its balance. Depending on the size of the ladder and the number of ladder rungs, you may want to add additional boards to keep the bookshelf sturdy.
Using fabric in decorating a room is a great way of starting decoration for your entire home. The bedroom is the most private space for you. It reflects your inner self. Now, what can be a better idea than decorating your bedroom with fabrics?
Designers prefer decorating bedrooms with drapes and other fabrics. These added layers could be anything, a remarkable looking, and an impressively designed drape to an awe-inspiring area rug. Designers prefer to use fabrics to add some splash of color to a dreary looking ambiance.
When it comes to adding colors with fabrics, there are many possible combinations which will make your bedroom the most attractive corner of your home. Combining fabrics doesn’t only mean interesting pillow cases, quilts or drapes it means adding variation to your room.
The most important factor in choosing material is buying types that will suit your other interior decorations. Like the fabrics should be in contrast with other features of your interior decorations. And one of the safest choices is having beautiful lines and geometrical patterns. Patterns are in, and you can easily create variation to your bedroom while incorporating different fabrics with patterns. But before choosing fabrics, you need to consider some simple questions about the use of the space.
- Like, how much space is available?
- How to create an optical illusion with the help of fabrics?
- Will the fabric be in use just only when the guests come over?
This will not only give you the idea of what to buy but will also give you the idea where to add the fabrics and where not to.
Follow these guidelines to decorate your bedroom more like a pro.
- Use the pattern carefully
- Patterns can add zeal to your bedroom, but adding too much of pattern everywhere will create unnecessary chaos among décor, which will hamper the serenity of your bedroom
- The pattern must be by the rest of the décor to create a strong statement. To cover up a large white wall, you can add design based wall arts.
- The pattern shouldn’t be same as the same trend can create monotony in your bedroom. Add multiple patterns as area rugs, curtains; wall arts will break the monotony of your room.
- To add some extra layers to your bedroom add some colorful pillow cases, in contrast to the drapes or curtain’s color. Use different colorful pillows and cushion for adding extra comfort to your bedroom.
You can use muslin to add some romance to the bedroom. Wrap and twist muslin to the curtain rod and let it drape to the floor for an excellent effect.
When it comes to improving the positivity in the home, people will do anything that is within their reach. If you have bought a new house and want to circulate positive Chi, then it is best to take the help of Feng Shui methods.
What is Feng Shui?
Feng Shui is an ancient method of spatial arrangements along with proper orientation that will assist in improving the overall well-being of the house and its residents. This method was developed over three thousand years, in the mystical land of China. Though it may seem to be an easy subject, it is not so. To be a master of this subject, you need to have a good knowledge base. The laws that guide the subject are close associated with the five elements and Chinese astrology.
Attracting good luck with Feng Shui
People are constantly looking to enhance the luck quotient. With good luck, you will be able to attract happiness, prosperity and good fortunes. If you want the same things then following the following simple but effective Feng Shui tips will assist you in your quest:
- Get rid of dead or withering flora
According to the laws of Feng Shui, keeping dead or withering shrubs or flowering plants is a bad omen. It is a symbol of negativity, and as it is said, negativity can only attract more negative vibes. This is one thing that you should try to eliminate from the home. Keeping dried plants will not do any good. If you are not careful about this, your life might become a cradle of sorrow.
- Positivity attracting gateway
If you are a firm believer in the power of Feng Shui, then you must be extra careful about the design and position of the doorway. According to the theories of geomancy, if the main entrance of the house is well-placed, it will be able to channelize positivity and good luck inside. To ensure this, you must remove waste bins, pots, old items and shoes if they are piled up in front of the main door.
- Put down lid of the toilet
According to geomancy, it is not good to keep the lid or the toilet seat up, when it is not in use. It is believed that when the lid is felt open, it will flush down the positivity and good fortunes from home. Keeping the lid down will prevent this from happening.
- Fix leaking pipes
If you have any leaking pipes or taps in your home, then make sure to fix then immediately. According to Feng Shui experts, the positive vibes and fortunes will also drip away with the dripping water. This is a bad omen and will negatively affect your fortunes if not fixed promptly.
For children bedroom is their whole world. It’s more than just a place to sleep. It’s their play area, their study room, it’s the safest heaven where they can day dream and can develop their imagination.
The styling or décor of a child’s room needs to encourage the cerebral and psychological growth of the young minds. When you are considering modeling a child’s room, or you are thinking about remodeling it, you need to consider this factor the most.
Before you jump into the idea of renovating your kid’s room, read these following topics to make the whole makeover a simple and satisfying experience:
Here are some tips on designing a child’s bedroom.
- The foremost thing that you need to consider, while designing your kid’s room, is the color of the walls. The positioning of the furniture, the color of all decors, should also encourage the imagination of your child. The color needs to be vibrant, and the décor should be full of life.
- To break the monotony, you can add some extra spark to the décor of the room. For instance, you can add a craft studio in your kid’s room which can be filled with colorful craft books, different kinds of crayons, and other materials associated with creativity. Incorporating cupboards is also a great option. These come with various sections and have multiple storage places. The material can be different, ranging from metals to woods but the color must be vibrant.
- With the vibrant color of the walls, don’t forget to add wall stickers and wall arts of different cartoon characters and imaginary animals.
- Other than these, you can add some vibrancy and extraordinary appeal to the drapes and curtains. Drapes and curtains need to be vibrant in color too, and these can have different patterns and images on them.
- The whole theme of the room can reflect the tone of any famous comics’ character. Like painting it blue and red will add the theme of Superman. Likewise painting it in pink and yellow will stimulate the Barbie doll theme in the room.
- Always remember to maintain the idea in the furniture with the subject of the room. If you are painting it in accordance with any popular comic character try to add some wall art and other decors, like pen holders, action figures, wall poster of that same theme can be added.
You need to be very cautious about the fact that the room needs to be very airy and specious so that your kid doesn’t feel claustrophobic.